Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Beautiful in God's Eyes

Hello. Today's my first-ever day of blogging! Beginning tomorrow, I'm going to be sharing my thoughts as I go through Elizabeth George's book, "Beautiful in God's Eyes". It's about the Proverbs 31 Woman. You know her ~ Mrs. Perfect. As much as I strive to be her, I can never measure up. She's not just Super-Woman ~ why, she's Super-Christian Woman!

Just a few of her many attributes ~ She gets up while it's night, although she stays up until the wee hours ~ never tires as she buys food from afar and plants her own vineyard. She sews, she takes care of her family, as well as the poor and needy. Her children crown her as Mother of the Year and her husband completely adores her!

Please join me on my journey as I take a closer look at this lady. She is, after all, an example that we all can learn from.

3 comments:

  1. Good job starting your first blog. It is definitely you!!!!!. Can hardly wait to hear more of how God is working in your life and your family.

    Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shel - I LOVE that you're tackling something so challenging right off the bat!!! I'll be anxious to read more about this. Right now I'm reading "Created To Be His Helpmeet" by Debi Pearl. Half the time I'm crying and half the time I want to throw the book across the room. LOL. Prov 31 IS challenging and I will enjoy hearing your ops about this book...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly what you mean about half crying and half wanting to throw the book across the room! I've felt the EXACT same way! I remind myself to take comfort in knowing the Potter is shaping me to be a strong, beautiful vessel, fit for His use.

    ReplyDelete