Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Return

Well, sisters, as you can see, I have returned to the world of blogging. I know I'm a sporadic blogger at best, but there are just some days I simply don't feel like taking the time to blog. I'm impressed with those who do, and I'm thankful for the benefits I receive from their diligence.

The kiddos and I visited with my mother last week, and we enjoyed going to the pool, lounging around on her new deck, seeing Toy Story 3 (in 3~D), and eating cashew chicken! (This cashew chicken isn't what some of you may be acquainted with. This is SPRINGFIELD~style cashew chicken, first invented in Springfield, MO in 1963. This unofficial "dish of the city" is the most popular fast~food meal in Springfield! Imagine deep~fried, crispy chunks of chicken on a bed of fried rice, doused in a rich brown gravy, sprinkled with cashews and green onion. Throw in some crab Rangoons, and you're in heaven! Once you move away, you CRAVE it with all your being!)

I was able to spend a couple of evenings with Dana, my best friend from college. She and I have the type of friendship that we can pick up right where we left off and it's as if nothing has changed. We had a grand time shopping, eating out, watching chick flicks and solving all the world's problems! She blessed me with her time, fellowship, and generosity. She's the sister of my heart!

I share this idea of "return" with you all because I'm not only returning to blog land, but to the "homeland" of my roots. The hubs and I are moving back to the Ozarks, my childhood home. We're incredibly excited to begin this new venture the Lord has for us. We've put our house up for sale, the hubs is looking for a new job in the new area, and we are excited to become members of an amazing church there.

I realize that the idea of "returning" is sometimes associated with some kind of failure ~ but in the grand scheme of things, I believe it to be a new beginning. We are returning to the ministry, and we are so excited! This isn't for a paid position, either. It's simply the opportunity to open ourselves to be used for the Lord in whatever capacity He's chosen for us at this time.

Speaking of new beginnings, I've also returned to another dear friend of mine ~ Deb ~ a.k.a. "The Queen Mommy". She and I are collaborating to write a series of books ~ a dream of mine that's been on the back burner for years. Although we lost touch and hadn't corresponded in almost 10 years, once we reconnected, we totally connected! We are so much alike, it's scary! We even chose the same name for one of our daughters ~ spelling and all!

Return. A return to blog, a return to my roots, a return to ministry, a return to friendships and return to a long-awaited dream. A simple, yet powerful word. Simple in meaning, but powerful in the grand scheme of things.

"Therefore the redeemed of the Lord shall return and come with singing unto Zion
and everlasting joy shall be upon their heads.
They shall obtain gladness and joy. And sorrow and mourning shall flee away."
"Return to the Lord your God."
Aren't you glad we can return? I know I am!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Shelly. I find your blog so nice.. I am a follower for sure:) come see my blog if you want http://theworldofkayleeandreggie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay - I'm TOTALLY jealous of the whole cashew-chicken thing. Totally... sigh. I can't even eat cashew chicken anywhere else.

    Oh, and TOTALLY excited about our books, Shel!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your visit was just what I needed. It was wonderful having mother and daughter time again, sitting up late and solving all of our problems like we have many times in the past. The Gk's made my week. So glad that you will be moving back this way. I promise you "Cashew Chicken" anyway once every two weeks. (Will even take the GK's too).

    I am so thankful that you and Dana have that wonderful connection like I have with a couple of my friends. A woman always needs a special friend in her life.

    I am also thankful that you and Deb will be starting those books. This has been in the making for a long time. God's timing is always "exactly" on time.

    ReplyDelete