Friday, July 16, 2010

Past Circumstances

Sisters, do you ever struggle with letting go of past circumstances of your life? Does it seem that just as you think you've taken them to the foot of the cross for the last time, those memories come tiptoeing back into the recesses of your mind?

I've struggled this week. A moment in time many years ago has taken hold in my mind, causing me to rail, to wonder and to contemplate my life as I now know it. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I did the right thing and God not only protected me, but has blessed me beyond measure. However, the "what if's" have left me speculating.

As I was sharing my burden with my dear friend, she reminded me about Paul's challenge in his epistle of Philippians, chapter 4, verse 8.


"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right,
whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable
~ if anything is excellent or praiseworthy ~
think about such things."

Her gentle, godly advice was the balm that my wounded soul needed. How I praise the Lord for godly friends that not only encourage me spiritually, but challenge me and desire to soothe and minister healing to my heart!

"Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of a friend."
Proverbs 27:17
Oh, by the way, I've misplaced my study guide for Psalm 23. Once I find it, I'll resume!

No comments:

Post a Comment