Monday, May 17, 2010

Busy, busy, busy!

Isn't it typical to hear the above excuse? I'm so busy! It's been busy around here! I've had a busy day! Not now, I'm busy! Can't you see that I'm busy?

If you're anything like me, you use at least one of the above phrases at least once a day. It's been almost a month since I've posted anything, and yet so much has happened in my life!

One of the best/funnest is that I've reconnected with an amazing, wonderful friend from my college years, and we're collaborating on a special project. Another cool thing was that the Lord gave me a song to write for Mother's Day. Have you ever noticed that there aren't very many Mother's Day songs? Also, there aren't many songs written about being a mother! When our music minister asked me to sing, I kinda drew a blank . I love Steve Green's "Find Us Faithful" and Patch the Pirate's "Cherish the Moment". I first considered the latter, and have my 2 oldest sing with me.

However, the thought of singing "Think ahead to a time when you're little boy's a man, and you'd give anything to hold him again" with my precious 8 year old next to me made me sob, so I knew there was no way I could do it for real! As I prayed and thought, God gave me an idea for a song. Amazingly, the words and tune just flowed from me! It went really well ~ so well that I'm prayerfully considering trying to get my song published. Please pray with me about this, sisters.

The kiddos and I are wrapping up our homeschool year next week, but I still have the work ahead of final grading, paperwork, cleaning, and planning/ordering for next fall. This year, I'm adding my youngest for formal preschool! She's SO ready!

As I state in the "about me" section, I want this blog to edify my sisters in Christ. I desire to stay true to the Word and be an encouragement to other women. That being said, I'm going to begin another Elizabeth George study this week. (I know it seems that I'm sort of dropping the Ministry of Motherhood study, but I feel led to do this new study for now. We can resume Mrs. Clarkson's study at a later date.)

Elizabeth George's book, "Powerful Promises for Every Woman" is an in-depth study of the 23rd Psalm. It's challenging, comforting, and inspiring, all in one! Please join me as we begin tomorrow. Until then, my sisters!

2 comments:

  1. Will you share the words from the song with us??? Or maybe you could sing it and post it?? I'd LOVE to hear it!

    Becky :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the encouragement, Becky! I'll be honoured to share it with everyone once I get it recorded. I'm taking steps to doing that in the next few weeks.

    The words to the chorus are:
    "So I'll treasure each moment the Lord has given me, and I'll savor each memory my mind's eye can see. Treasure each moment until we have to part; but I'll hold you forever in my heart."

    ReplyDelete