Friday, August 6, 2010

Homeschool: Year 2

Monday morning marks the 2nd year of my family's homeschool journey. I've kept busy these last weeks by printing, laminating, cutting, making lesson plans, and organizing for the year.

As I've stated in earlier posts, my youngest will be joining us for school this year. She's SO excited! Everything that she sees, she asks, "Is that for my school?" Thanks to Carissa's site, www.1plus1plus1equals1.com, and www.confessionsofashomeschooler.blogspot.com, my mom's borrowed printer, and reams of cardstock and paper, I now have everything prepared for the next 7 weeks for my preschooler's Bible/Phonics work.

During 1st quarter, we'll learn about the farm. I've made a cute farm lapbook, using some of Carissa's Tot School "Farm" components, as well as some others I've gleaned from the web. If I had computer savvy, I'd post photos of them ~ but sadly, I don't! All I can say is I think it's cute and Preschooler will love it!

I'm doing "Calendar Time" like Carissa's and all 3 of my kiddos will take part. Eventually, my oldest will be able to be in charge of Calendar Time, so that will free up a little bit of time to throw a load of clothes into the wash!

I've got 1 month of lesson plans completed for my 5th grader and 3rd grader, my gradebook ready, and materials organized for them. I made each of them a Language Arts notebook that has their weekly assignments for English, Spelling, Phonics, Reading, and Handwriting as well as sections for their English Handbook and any other components they need. They also have a Bible Notebook that's divided into sections for daily work, hymns, maps, glossary and "Heroes of Faith" section (we use Bob Jones Bible). I also added a pocket for any crafts they may make and to place in their timelines. There's also plenty of notebook paper, too.

All in all, I think I'm ready. I still have a couple of things to purchase, a few things to laminate, and a little more to do, but I'm confident that come Monday, I'll be prepared!

4 comments:

  1. yes school is coming around the corner. I am somewhat excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheesh! If I ever get to homeschool, can I hire you??? =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, decided to join your blog! I saw it on the hubby's FB. Ahh...a little adult time to read what you write.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you're here, Sarah! I know what you mean about having a little adult time! :) I don't blog every day, but I'll be finishing my study on Psalm 23 starting next week.

    ReplyDelete