Friday, May 27, 2011

My Home ~ My Ministry

TGIF ~ thank goodness it's Friday! Today is the final day of an incredibly busy week. This move has really done me in ~ physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. I need to have order in my life, and having things in disarray for almost 3 weeks has gotten me down. Just as I try to organize things and get settled, something else needs to get done ~ laundry, cooking, general housework ~ did I mention laundry? I just couldn't get a handle on things and had fallen way behind. I was miserable!

Wednesday was the hardest. I felt like a complete failure as a wife, mother, and homemaker. My home was disheveled. I was exhausted. I broke down. I cried tears of frustration, anger, regret, and self-pity. Thankfully, my husband was home.

He quietly dismissed the children (who were flabbergasted to see their mommy have a major melt-down) and took me into his arms and let me cry. The solid strength of his chest and comfort of his arms allowed me to collapse into a sobbing mess. He stroked my hair and rubbed my back. He listened to my unintelligible mutterings.

When I was finally spent, he took my face into his hands. Looking deeply into my eyes, he began to compliment me ~ he told me how much he loved me, how much he appreciated the work I had been putting into our home, how lovely things looked that I had finished, and how happy he was that I was his wife. His sweet words uplifted me.

As I reflect back on my husband's love and patience, I can't help but think of Christ. He's waiting for me to bring my many burdens to Him. He knows the groanings of my spirit and wants me to share them with Him. Jesus loves me with an unconditional love. He is happy that I am His Bride. His precious Word uplifts me. And one day soon, He will say to me, "Well done."

Lord, help me to focus my thoughts toward You and to Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment