Thursday, April 7, 2011

Cheddar ~ Bacon ~ Onion ~ Biscuits

Ree Drummond, a.k.a. The Pioneer Woman, has a wonderful recipe for these savory breakfast gems on her website. However, I have a tendency to find ways to simplify things, so here's my spin, using the original biscuit recipe on the back of the Bisquick box:

Ingredients:

8 slices of bacon, fried and crumbled (I like center-cut bacon for this)
1/2 onion, sauteed in 2 T butter
2 1/4 c. Bisquick
2/3 c. milk
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 450. In a medium bowl, stir the Bisquick and milk until a soft dough forms. Stir in bacon, onion (with any extra buttery goodness) and cheese.

Knead around 10 times on a surface dusted with Bisquick mix. Roll out to 1/2 inch thick and cut with a 2 1/2 inch biscuit cutter. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes, or until golden. For extra richness, brush tops of biscuits with a little melted butter.

I serve these yummies with scrambled eggs. Makes 8-9 biscuits.

2 comments:

  1. yummy they sound delicious, I love it when you post cooking recipes... do you have a cupcake recipe form scratch??? http://adventureswithkayleejenn.blogspot.com please be a follower

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do, Kaylee. It's called "Cupcake Surprise". One of my best friends mom always made these. I'll look for the recipe and post it next week.

    ReplyDelete