Tuesday, December 14, 2010

It's Almost Christmas!

My goodness, sisters, it's almost halfway through December, and only a week and a half before Christmas! Where has the time gone?

I've been reminded these past couple of weeks to savor the days we have, for we'll never get those moments again. My grandmother passed away November 28th ~ the day after she turned 93 ~ she was fortunate to still be able to think clearly and was, in reality, healthy as all get out. Her body was just tired and worn. I tried to imagine what it would be like to have been able to have all those years of life. What a gift! 93 years ~ 34,690 days ~ 832,560 hours ~ 49,953,600 minutes ~ 3,126,216,000 seconds/moments that affected the lives of so many people!

On the other side of the coin, Preschooler turned four on December 11th ~ just seems like yesterday she was a tiny baby ~ now she's singing scripture songs, writing her name (On her pink walls with a blue sharpie pen!) and learning cheers for her latest gig, an Upward cheerleader. She's completely adorable, fearless, funny, smart and absolutely precious ~ and I'm completely smitten with her!

I'm reminded that because of Jesus, we are given an abundant life, and as Christians, we should live our lives to the fullest! That said, I ask myself ~ how am I using the moments I have left in my life that will affect the lives of others ~ especially my husband and children?

An old song sums it up well, I think ~

It matters so little how much you may own.
The places you've been, or the people you've known.
For it all comes to nothing when placed at His feet,
It's nothing to Jesus,
Just memories to keep.

You may take all the treasures from far away lands,
Take all the riches you can hold in your hands.
And take all the pleasures your money can buy,
But what will you have when it's your time to die?

Only one life, so soon it will pass,
Only what's done for Christ will last.
Only one chance to do His will,
So give to Jesus all your days,
It's the only life that pays
When you recall, you've had but one life.

1 comment: